Thursday, January 6, 2011

My solo tour: Day 7 : BETONG (Thailand)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010: River Inn Chalet Betong, Thailand:
I spent most of my time within the chalet or cycled to the mosque. I only went downtown for lunch and dinner. City is no big deal. Given a choice I would chose to live in the village. The mosque here are happening, even during predawn prayer, the prayer hall is quiet occupied, far better than the mosque in my village, which hardly have more than 5 heads during predawn. People in my hometown feared the cursed of the fish more than called for prayer.The mosque which is located on the river bank is not as grandeur as any typical mosque in Malaysia, I saw only equipped with basic necessities. The water supply is from the natural spring that came from the ground exactly below the mosque and piped to be drained at the ablution area.It is potable and refreshing, I consumed bottles of it. The water from the stream is cold and crystal clear. I always forgot to snap photo of the mosque and its surrounding.

I met Farhoud father by accident, he saw me at the front of Butterfly hotel and greeted me in Thai.I was on my bicycle. Perhaps, I look like typical Thai when I put on camouflage shorts and buff. He invited me for drinks, over the table then I came to know that he is Farhoud father, very nice man. He promised to take me to the local bicycle shop.

I cycled back to the chalet and met with the receptionist, she offered to arrange sex companion for me if I am interested. Politely, I told her that I am muslim, and illicit sex is forbidden according to our believes. She smiled and told me that they were many Malaysian muslim who seek her assistance for such services. Well, I cut it short by telling her I wasnt interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment