Monday, January 3, 2011

My solo tour: Day 6 : BETONG (Thailand)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010: River inn chalet, Betong Thailand:
The chant for morning prayer from the nearby mosque was loud and very early in the morning until I noticed that my watch is still showing Malaysian time, we are ahead of Thai by one hour. Its amazing to hear a loud chant, even louder than the call for prayer in the mosque back home, only hardcore sinners would not wake up and pray. It came across my mind again, the incident with the big guy in the mosque at Kampong Pahit, if he really threw punched on my face, I would have shitted in the sarong hehe, Well, one madman would not harm another madman. hehehe




The bridge

The half wooden chalet is nice, it was built on the banks of the clear water stream on both sides and connected to each other by some kind of bridge. The bridge is equipped with chairs and tables and has been the place where I spent my time relaxing(lepak), drinks and cigars while watching the flow of water and beautiful plants and trees.

Last nite, after having dinner I went to the hotel not far from the chalet in searched for Wi-Fi, its available and I was sitting with my notebook at one corner in the lobby. I noticed they were many beautiful women, some were really really damned beautiful, which I thought they are guest, I was curios that they were too friendly and seducive.., how shall I describe them ....like this " say the ladies are all insane there, and they know how to use it, they dont abuse it, never gonna lose it, I cant refuse it"......... hehehe,  I borrowed the words of Waylon Jenning in his song title..Never been to Spain.., W. Jenning  is the icon of the country music of the 70s. Actually,..." I refuse it...", they are hookers. It doesnt took me long there and I cycled back to the chalet and caught me a zzzzzzzzz.


I had breakfast 'nasi berlauk', the malays here speaks kelantan accent, it works well for me as I picked the twang while dating kelantanese girl way back in the 80s, my fluency is still within understandable standard.The town is happening, majority inhabited by chinese while the malays occupied the surrounding villages.A lot of trading and agriculture activities took place in daily life, while some works in public services. Other economic booster probably sex industry, as I saw flocks of Malaysian crosses the border in search of sexual ecstasy.Its kind of hard to distinguish sober woman and prostitute when night comes. Women, karaokes, massage parlors,brothels and pubs are names of the game. This town makes hard man tumble, not much between despair and ecstasy, cant be too careful with your company and I can feel the devil walked next to me.

After had my breakfast, I cycled to Yala road and stopped by the roadside asking information about the road that lead to Hadyaai. A guy in police uniform told me it is not safe to go by road to Hadyai  through Thailand road as he fears the risk of getting gunned down by unknown assailants. Even local people traveled to Hadyai through Bukit Kayu Hitam. Therefore I decided to spent few days in Betong. I love the chalet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment